August 22, 2013

Cheesy Bread Sticks and Not Looking Creepy in General

I don't really like pizza that much. I have this weird thing with tomato sauce. I don't like pizza with lots of sauce on it, and if it has too much, I wipe it right off with a napkin. If there is no napkin available, I will wipe it on the plate. By the time I'm finished customizing my pizza, I look like I've committed a heinous crime. You know, because of all the red sauce (not because I look creepy in general. I hope). 




So, there is no better way to improve on the concept of pizza than by removing that God-forsaken sauce. That's what cheesesticks are to me--the perfect, ideal pizza. With lots of cheese. And zero sauce, unless I put it there on purpose. 

Here's how you can make your own delicious cheesesticks without really doing all that much. They remind me of CiCi's cheesebread. 

Cheesy Breadsticks 

1 10 oz. tube refrigerated pizza crust dough (I used Pillsbury)
1 T. butter, melted
1/4-1 t. garlic salt
1 T. dried basil
1 C. mozzarella or provolone cheese, shredded
2 T. Parmesan cheese
Cooking spray
Pizza sauce

Preheat oven to 425 F. 

Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roll pizza dough out and stretch it to fit the cookie sheet. 

Brush the melted butter onto the dough. Sprinkle dough with garlic salt (I use a teaspoon because I like the garlic taste a lot), basil, mozzarella/provolone, and Parmesan. 

Use pizza cutter to cut dough into 12 long strips, then cut across halfway through to make 24 strips. Do not separate the pieces.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly on top. Cut again along the lines and serve hot with pizza sauce for dipping. 
Or, forget the sauce and focus your attention solely on these melty-cheesy-garlicky darlings. 


Make your own garlic salt!

Just mix garlic powder and salt in a 1:3 ratio.
If you're putting in a tablespoon of garlic powder, add 3 tablespoons of salt. Store in a tightly covered container.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply

The Most Popular Posts: