June 19, 2013

I'm not scared of skinny dipping or break-ins. Let me tell you why.

I live in the middle of nowhere in Middle Tennessee. It's the epitome of rural, and some people don't understand how I can stand it. 

Sometimes I wish I was in the hub of the city, with the excitement of constant movement and fast-paced living. Sometimes I enjoy the solitude and close-to-nature experience of rural living. There are two sides to every story.

"Living in the middle of nowhere is awful", said the City Mouse. 
This is paradise to some.
  • You have to drive 20 minutes to go to the grocery store. By the time you drive home, all your frozen stuff is thawed.

  • Your friends all live at least 30 miles from your house. After 4 years of this, you won't have many friends left. 

  • Jobs that don't require an hour commute are far and few between.

"But living in the middle of nowhere also has its perks", said the Country Cricket. 
And this is my paradise. 
                     
  • You're almost certainly the hottest chick within a 30 mile radius. Maybe even the only chick.
 
  • The creek, lake, and hiking trails might only be a few steps from your front door. 

  • You can go skinny dipping without fear of getting caught. Well, okay, you'll still be a little scared you'll get caught.

  • You don't have to worry about anyone breaking in to your house, because no one would be stupid enough to attempt to drive down your treacherous, mile-long, gravel driveway.

  • It's quiet, unless you count the sound of my 3 year old daughter screaming as "sound." 

So, which are you? A country cricket or a city mouse? Do you prefer the city, where it's gritty, or the country, where it's...funky? I don't know, I don't think anything really rhymes with country. But you get the point. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply

The Most Popular Posts: