February 13, 2013

It's V-Day, not D-Day

So, some people say Valentine's Day is a conspiracy of all the greeting card companies and florists who want to make a buck off poor boys and men who just want to have a happy relationship (at the expense of an average of $104...really?!).

I agree, but that doesn't mean I don't expect flowers, cards, and maybe some candy. Ghiradelli chocolates, to be exact. Tulips, calla lilies, or roses are fine. And I don't want a funny card, because funny cards rarely lead to Valentine's Day nookie. Sorry.


Even though my daughter is 2, with relatively poor fine motor skills, she somehow managed to make some delightfully creative and attractive V-Day cards for her friends and family...
Okay. She scribbled on them with crayons, and then I decked them out. It was the most fun thing I did yesterday, and I'm only a little ashamed to tell you.



Her grandparents took her to the library a few weeks ago to make a craft, which ended up being a box for V-Day cards. This is what sparked my idea to make some cards of our own, because the box is just so darn cute, for cryin' in the mud (Bobby's World reference).




We clipped roses and hearts from magazines, flowers from newspapers, and used weird foam stickers with an outer space theme to make our cards. Then I wrote really corny phrases on them, like "My love for you is out of this world!" because I couldn't think of any other way to incorporate outer space with Valentine's Day and grandparents. 





Then, we made some cupcakes for Valentine's Day...
But really, I made them. Babygirl helped sprinkle them. Didn't she do a great job?






So, even if there's no real meaning behind Valentine's Day, you can bet I'll be knee-deep in flowers and candy tomorrow. I mean, I better be, right? 

Xoxo,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply

The Most Popular Posts: