May 31, 2012

Genesis

This is the beginning of a scatter-brained, illogical, and occassionally funny attempt at blogging. I say occassionally funny in hopes that at some point during my online expose', I will manage to make you laugh out loud (LOL). Or chortle (COL), or guffaw (GOL),  or titter (TOL) out loud. If not, whatever, because I only promised laughter on occassion.

Why "Mother, Interrupted"? Because in my (nearly) 2 years as a mother, I have been waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop. When it drops, it means your child is in their terrible twos, removing their diaper in public and telling you to SHUT. UP. (True story). Well, my daughter has dropped the shoe (or, more appropriately, THROWN it). I find that my family and I have been sucked into some weird cyclone where my husband and I get no alone time and I'm constantly being interrupted from "important" things with a small little voice saying "Mama. Mama, mama. Mama. Mamamamamama." I'm no longer a girl, so to speak, and I feel I'm more than just a woman. So what better name for my blog than Mother, Interrupted?

Right now my life consists of a pretty regular routine. Obviously, this is boring. So, I do things to liven up my days as a stay at home mom, like
- Watch a movie that I HAVEN'T seen 3,000 times
- Dance with Molly (yes, to Lil' Wayne)
- Take a shower (serenade Molly during this)
- Pretend I'm on a cooking show while making extremely simple foods, i.e. Peanut Butter and Jelly.
   Example: "Hey, folks! Today I'm going to show you how to whip up a nutritious lunch that is low in calories, big on taste, and only 3 ingredients! First you spread some peanut butter on one slice of bread..."

It may be that these things are not actually livening up my day at all, only making me weirder.

It may be.

In all seriousness, I really enjoy cooking, especially new recipes. But when I got married 2 years ago, I only knew how to scramble eggs and make cornbread (thanks, Mom). That was it. I tried making french toast for my husband one morning and burnt it. Tried making hamburgers one night and burned them. Tried making spinach lasagna and (gasp) forgot to add the freaking spinach. It was like I was suddenly on drugs everytime I came near the kitchen.

Something changed. Maybe my maternal instincts kicked right in after I had Molly, or maybe I had a concussion and woke up with new abilities, but for some reason, I don't burn things anymore. In fact, I do a pretty good job most of the time. Last night, I made Golden Mushroom Chicken.

Golden Mushroom Chicken
2 Tbs olive oil
Chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
1/2 can water

Cook chicken breasts in oil until nearly done. Add soup and 1/2 can water to skillet. Cook until bubbly and hot. Serve over rice or pasta.

I'll post more when my brain recovers from the wittiness of this particular post.

:)
Deb

1 comment:

  1. I think I chortled or maybe gaffawed. Very interesting and funny too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reply

The Most Popular Posts: